Use your essential oil stash to make this creamy, dreamy whipped body butter! It’s the perfect remedy for dry skin and smells AMAZING.
- 1/2 cup shea butter
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup sweet almond oil
- 10-20 drops essential oils of your choice (I especially love using peppermint, frankincense/wild orange, or Serenity here!)
- Combine all ingredients, except the essential oils, in a small pot or double boiler.
- Gently melt and stir over low heat until the mixture is liquid.
- Remove from the heat and allow the mixture to partially set up. (You can stick it in the freezer for a little while to speed up this process.)
- Once the mixture is partially set and opaque, add the essential oils of your choice, and whip with a hand mixer or stand mixer until the body butter is fluffy and stiff peaks have formed. Apply to hands, feet, elbows, or any other area in need of a little TLC.
New to oils?
Essential oils are perfect for all kinds of toxic-free DIY skin care. Let's get you started today!